In this blog post, we will discuss about black hat and black hat SEO techniques. We will get to learn what black hat SEO is, tactics and techniques that qualify as Black Hat SEO, how to report black hat SEO, and How Black Hat SEO can affect you and your Website. All you need to have the better understanding of these terms as implementing black hat SEO tactics and strategies can get your site banned from search engines. You can get the better understanding of black hat SEO techniques from “The best institute of advanced digital marketing course in Janakpuri”.
Definition of black hat SEO
Black hat SEO can be defined as a disapproved practice that could never increase a page’s ranking in a search engine result page and also these practices are against the search engine’s terms of service and can result in the site being banned from the search engine and affiliate sites. There are a lot of SEO practices which are termed as black hat SEO practices and have been openly denounced on Google’s webmaster guidelines and Bing’s webmaster guidelines. Below is the list of some recognized Black Hat SEO tactics that should not be practiced at all if you want to stay above board with Google and other search engines.
- Content Automation: It could be defined as a tactic in which an already existing piece of content is taken and rewritten in a way to fool the search engines into thinking it is original content. It could be done either manually or in egregious cases automated with software.
- Keyword stuffing: It is the practice of filling a web page with keywords or numbers in order to make the search engine think that the page is relevant to the search however these keywords are irrelevant to the actual site. Sometimes these keywords however are hidden and cannot be seen by the user but are scanned by the search engine and such type of keyword stuffing can result in poor user experience and ultimately harm your site’s ranking.
- Cloaking: It refers to the technique of showing different content to crawlers than that of what you show to your users and is essentially lying to get a better ranking with search engines. If you are found to be cloaking then your site will be removed from the listings of highly ranked search engines and Google and sometimes it may also get blacklisted. So, cloaking is a short term strategy and not long term as it will enable you to enjoy higher ranking for a time but ultimately you will be caught and lose your all rankings completely.
- Link farms: Link farms could be defined as a group of websites that use hyperlinks to connect with one another with a common interest of trying to increase their rankings by getting more and more traffic. Such methods are only used to trick the search engine into seeing that the site links to many other sites and ultimately won’t provide any traffic to your site.
- Link buying and link exchange programs: However link exchange programs are a quick and easy way to drive traffic and improve search engine results as it increase the site’s ranking in the eyes of search engines with little effort and also provides traffic from other sites but all this are only for short time.
- Article spinning: Article spinning can be defined as a search engine optimization technique by which search engine optimizer post a unique version of relevant content however in article spinning the quality of spin content is lower than hand written content.
- Doorway pages: These pages or sites are created to rank highly for specific search engine queries and are bad for users because they can lead to multiple similar pages in user search results. These pages are often made with the intention to deceive the search engine into giving the site higher rankings.
- There are also some other SEO practices which are considered as black hat SEO practices and which must be avoided such as guest posting networks, link schemes, sneaky redirects, rich snippet markup spam, automated queries to Google, creating pages, subdomains, or domains with duplicate content, pages with malicious behavior such as phishing, viruses, Trojans, other malware, hidden text or links and etc.
The circumstances to report Black hat SEO However, Black hat SEO practices are often advised to be avoided but there are some circumstances where you may report black hat SEO such as in the cases if your site has been affected through a malicious hack, malware or harmful SEO strategy of spammy backlinks or in the case if you notice a spammy online search result on a demanding keyword phrase your site is ranking on and etc. It is the truth that Black hat SEO techniques are helpful in getting you the higher rankings but it is only for a short time and once these the use of these techniques are caught by any search engine then your site will be penalized resulting into ban or blacklist. In the long run the results could also be destructive for your site. So, it is better to avoid these methods and you can opt for several other methods which can be used improve the position of your site in search engine result pages. So, never try to opt for black hat SEO practices as these have devastating effect on the position of your site. The SEO practioners are well aware of these devastating effects and they are well aware the negative effects of duplicate content, article spinning, doorway pages, cloaking, invisible text and etc. You should take the professional knowledge of these black hat SEO practices from any digital marketing institute such as “The best institute of advanced digital marketing course in Janakpuri”.