E-mail marketing is all about lead generation and conversion by using emails to develop personal relationships with customers or clients. It is considered as one segment of internet marketing which allows businesses to keep their customers informed about their products and services. Being the form of direct marketing it uses electronic mail as a means of communicating with the audience. However, in the broad sense email marketing used to refer to the following:
- Emails are sending with the purpose of making the strong relationship of a merchant with its current or prospective customers in order to encourage customer loyalty.
- The purpose of sending emails is also to convince customers to buy something immediately or to acquire new customers.
- Emails are also sent to add advertisements sent by other companies to their customers.
Now, after knowing the purpose of email marketing, we must have the knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of email marketing. The digital marketing course is the best if you are really interested to get through these terms. The advantages of email marketing over traditional marketing can be summed up as the following:
- The return on investment is high if it is done properly as it has been the second only after Search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic.
- Almost all internet users check or send email on a typical day.
- It is very much easy for advertisers to reach the substantial number of users by using emails.
- Emails are of much use for marketers as it allows them to reach to consumers through personalized, relevant and dynamic messages.
However, the email marketing has some disadvantages also as it is surrounded with the rejection/spam rate of emails by the consumers’ email program which negatively affects the delivery rate of the emails. Apart from all this, it is also important to know the reasons due to which it has gain importance. Some of the reasons are the following:
- Comparing to other channels of advertising email is quite cheap as it going to costs you very less when using it for marketing to hundreds of consumers.
- Along with its cost-effectiveness, its success rate is also high in terms of return on investment.
- It is very easy to track responses to your emails exactly and after getting to know what part of your strategies is working and what is not, it becomes easy for you to modify your strategies according to the result of your campaigns.
However, apart from advantages and disadvantages, a good email database has several uses from promotions to lead generation and conversions. Keeping in mind the functions served by email marketing tools, the different tools of the email marketing are the following:
- MailChimp: It has extensive email marketing features which include managing your email database, making you able to build your own newsletters along with providing you loads of e-commerce integrations in order to provide you with the opportunity to hook your online store up with your emails.
2. Constant contact: This tool is also of much use as it includes the facilities such as tracking of e-mail and analysis and tools for growing lists. Their editor is the best as it is easy to use.
3. Drip: Drip is active in hitting right message at the right time in a much easier way as it works with a number of integrations and your websites to build up profiles of your customers. The other facilities are email automation, personalized design and segmentation.
4. Sendinblue: Being the new player, they are pushing their easy to design campaigns by providing facilities such as drag and drop designer and template galleries where you don’t need to use any code. Sendinblue has everything you could expect feature wise from segmentation to integration.
5. Aweber: A Weber provides you with a free 30-day trial to see how things go. They also provide a range of mobile apps that offer analytics and newsletter creation along with email editing, automation and integration.
6. Convertkit: It has a unique approach to business and provides solutions for creators such as bloggers. The email processes are very simple and offer form and reporting to help you grow your list along with other features such as automation to push the customers down the pipeline.
7. Icontact: The functioning area of icontact is email marketing, marketing automation, and sales force mass emails. However, their features include email creation tools, customer segmentation and email automation and also they have the team of dedicated strategic advisors who are always ready to provide you help with your email marketing approach and analysis.
Apart from using the above email marketing tools, you can also try some other tools also such as constant contact which is one of the easiest to use and beginner friendly email marketing service and can easily manage your email lists, contacts, email templates and more. It allows unmatched support with live chat, email, community support and a vast library of resources as each account provides you access to easy tracking and reporting, built-in social media sharing tools and 1GB of storage of your own files. In the end, the online presence of businesses has become a necessity if the businesses really want to grow and get flourish. Email marketing is playing a vital role in accomplishing all the motives of businesses whether big or small from lead generation to conversion into loyal customers. It has proved its usability by providing support to thousands of small businesses to grow. Well, the students of digital marketing course are quite aware of the pros and cons of this issue and they can easily use email marketing for their benefit. Email marketing tools are easy to manage and give you full control and allow you to establish direct contact with your customers that ultimately help you to understand the weak points of your strategies. This provides you chance to rectify your strategies or devise new one to satisfy the customer’s demand. So, using these services are quite easy and everyone can use it.