AS we all know, HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language and is a form of programming language that is used to make web pages on the Internet viewable. So, it can be said that HTML makes web pages interesting to look at. The designing of a web page was limited to a notepad and use of imagination prior to the introduction of HTML. You must get the knowledge of HTML from “The best institute of advanced digital marketing course in Janakpuri”.Before discussing the importance of HTML in SEO we will look into the history of HTML.
History of HTML
HTML which is an important element of SEO was first developed by Tim Berners-Lee in the year 1990. Prior to the introduction of HTML, web developers had to learn a coding language by going to school which was a rather tedious and lengthy procedure. In the beginning, Tim Berners-Lee created a quick little hypertext language that could serve his purposes as he was putting together his first elementary browsing and authoring system for the web. But as more and more content moved to the web then the original problem started as the people who created browsers realized that the simple markup language needed much improvement and then in the long-held tradition of the internet, developers implemented new features in their browsers and then shipped them.
Importance of HTML for SEO success
HTML is one small part of SEO ranking factors and is the underlying code used to create web pages as the search engines pick up ranking from specific HTML elements. Some of the HTML elements which are of utmost importance for SEO success:
1. HTML title tag plays a very important role for SEO but only if you will create unique and descriptive titles for each of your pages and so you need to rely on your keyword research to choose a title that could simply describe what your page is about and the minimum length of characters should be 70.
2. Meta description tags allow you to suggest how your page should be described in search listings and can help your website stand out from the others resulting in additional clicks. You can incorporate specific keywords from your research and if the keyword bolded in your Meta description is used in the person’s search then it will further attract attention. Your Meta description should be maximum 150 characters. Meta description can be seen in two places of the highest visibility as it occupies the largest part of a search engine result page snippet and in social networks where it usually appears when people share your URL across social media channels.
3. Alt text that describes what an image is for browsers and search engines that can’t view images is a simple HTML markup.
4. HTML describes six levels of headings which makes the content easy to read for users as search engines use the headings to index the structure and content of your web pages.
5. HTML heading tags makes it easy to distinguish titles visually from paragraph text with formatting with proper coding.
6. You can make proper use of HTML checklist which involves
A. Choosing a specific topic and be hyper-relevant when creating your content.
B. Include the subject in the H1 title tag and in the URL.
C. Include the subject in the image alt text along with writing unique content about the given subject.
D. Specifying the subject several times throughout your content
Apart from that HTML tags are useful in enhancing the user experience by providing better navigation and best match with queries, give guidance to search engines on where to find the most important parts of the site or which part to overlook, make search engine result pages snippets look more attractive and informative. Some other useful factors of HTML for SEO success are:
• Be careful to remove all the alphanumeric characters from your Meta description because if you will use double quotation marks in the HTML of Meta description then Google will cut this text at the quotation mark when displaying it in search engine result pages.
• You can make your search engine result page snippet rich by using a special markup and adding elements to your HTML that will make your snippets look more appealing and attractive to users.
• You can adore them with star ratings, customer ratings, images, additional product information and etc.
• OG tags which stand for open graph helps you to control how the information about your page is represented when shared via social channels. Being used as the additional meta tags in HTML <head> section of a page that allows any webpage to become a rich object in social networks and so help you to enhance the performance of your links on social media by driving more clicks- through and increasing conversions.
• Before you decide to implement OG tags, you need to consider some optimizing tips such as you can keep your OG title between 60-90 characters and with the help of OG type; you can describe what kind of object you are ready to share. For example, a website, post, video, company and etc.
• While using OG image, you should take care that it must be eye-catching and call for the situation and along with that you can place some text upon your OG image which can be used either to reiterate the main point of your content or call to any action. You can also use properly Robots tag which is an element in the HTML of a page that informs search engines which pages on site should be indexed and which should not. Robots tags may help you to boost your rankings however you can use it to save your rankings in case you have to block some pages from rankings. Canonical tags are also of great use for SEO success as you can use it to tell search engines which page should be prioritized. It is important for you to learn the technicalities of HTML from “The best institute of advanced digital marketing course in Janakpuri”.