In this blog, we will discuss Google webmaster tool which is a part of search engine optimization arsenal. If you are related with SEO or if you are a website owner or digital marketer then you might have heard about Google webmaster tool. Google webmaster has become an essential tool due to its utilities and broad applications. Being an enthusiast of digital marketing you can avail all the utilities of Google Webmaster tool in “The best institute of professional digital marketing course in Janakpuri”.
Introduction of Google webmaster tool and the process to use it.
Google webmaster tool is also known as Google search console and is a collection of free web utilities with many useful applications such as getting data about incoming search traffic, requesting Google to crawl and index the website, viewing crawl error reports and etc. You can boost your website traffic by using Google Webmaster tool as it will tell you about the mistakes you are making. Before you reap the benefits of Google webmaster tool, you need to know about the process to use it properly which is as such:
1. You must have a Google account in order to access the tools and you can sign up for an account by going to https://accounts.google.com/signup in a very few steps.
2. Once you are done with creating an account then you can log in and access webmaster tools and after then you can add your website address by clicking the “Add a site” button in the upper right corner.
3. After accessing the main page you need to type the direction in the box and then click “continue”.
4. When you will type the direction in the box then you will be directed to the page of “Verify your ownership” where you will be prompted with the request to authenticate your access to the added website. However, you can verify your ownership through a couple of methods in which verifying it via Google Analytics is the easiest one.
5. You will be recommended to verify your ownership through the “HTML upload file” method which appears by default and involves downloading a specific HTML file offered by Google that you need to upload on your website then access the link in a browser.
6. Once you will complete this last step then everything will set and you will be ready to access the site’s dashboard.
7. Monitoring “Site Messages” section is very much important for the users of Google Webmaster tool as the Google sends alerts and relevant information regarding any problem it finds in your website in this section and the most recent messages can be detected under “New and important”.
8. In the second step, you have to see if an employee from Google personally reviewed your site and found any violations regarding guidelines and for that, you need to click on the site you want to investigate. For that select in the left menu Search Traffic and then manual actions. If the message displayed is “No manual webspam actions found” then it means that no actions have taken upon your site.
9. You have to be careful about the penalties as these can severely destroy your site’s ranking and you can find details of the actions taken against your site under the categories sitewide matches or partial matches. You can also get the reasons why these manual actions have been taken against your site.
10. You can check for crawl errors by clicking in the left menu on Crawl >Crawl Errors where you can look at details regarding pages on your site which are met with crawling problems or which returned an HTTP error.
11. If there are too many pages where errors are displayed and you need to find a certain page then use the Filter box.
12. Even though you will get the messages from Google about certain errors it discovered on your site on the homepage of Google Webmaster tool even then you can opt another option to stay vigilant by linking your personal email with the Google account.
13. To link your personal email with the Google account you have to go to the main page of Webmaster tool and click on gear icon located in the top right corner of the dashboard.
14. After then select Webmaster tools preferences and under email notification click on “Enable email notifications”.
15. You can visualize your overall search traffic by using Google Webmaster tool which provides accurate data regarding the number of impressions, clicks, and click-through-rate and average position. You can view all this data in search queries by reaching in the search traffic category in the left menu.
16. The security issues section of Google Webmaster tool send the alerts when your site is dealing with issues such as hacks, SQL injections, content injections, malware code injections and so on along with suggestions on how to address these problems.
Importance of Google Webmaster tool
1. Google Webmaster tool is very much effective in fixing the issues related to On-page SEO.
2. You can remove a URL from Google’s index by using the Google Webmaster tool.
3. The sitemap section of Google webmaster tool allows you to view all the sitemaps that you have added along with statistics such as the number of pages indexed and submitted along with the date it was processed.
4. Data Markup Helper under Google Webmaster tool helps you to tag the data fields for events, products and more on your site.
5. This tool is also effective in giving you the overview of the keywords you have used in your content.
Apart from the above-highlighted uses of Google Webmaster tool, this tool is very much effective and helpful to improve your On-page search engine optimization. You can fix any issues related to your site’s Meta description and title tags by using this effective tool. This New Year makes yourself aware with these terms by stepping into the field of digital marketing and to help you The National Institute of Internet Marketing is providing scholarship on its courses. You can also learn about the importance of Google Webmaster tool in “The best institute of professional digital marketing course in Janakpuri”.