The basic idea behind to have a website is to get more and more traffic to place it at the top but getting traffic on the website is not an easy thing. A websites’ traffic reflects so many things such as it often reflect how well a business is doing online along with reflecting the customers’ behaviour which ultimately helps you to formulate a marketing strategy that will finally get you the better ranking in the search engine results.
So, it is very necessary that you should know the ways to get more and more traffic on your websites. You can easily get to know all about in the digital marketing course. However, some of the ways are the following:
- Good quality of content: Writing good content and getting it updated is essential to boost up your traffic that ultimately affects your search engine optimization. The content on your website should not only be well researched but also diverse to avoid any internal competition among web pages for search engine listings.
- Meta description and title tags: It is said that an ideal tag should be less than 60 characters and it appears on the search engine result pages as the clickable link. Similarly, the Meta description appears below the title in search engine result pages. A good and concise Meta description has always a good chance to make a better impression on users providing a better chance to websites by increasing the number of visitors on it as we have often listened that the first impression is the last impression and that really is done by Meta description for the visitors on any website.
- Optimization of images: You can’t imagine a webpage without any images and these images can be optimized by adding descriptions, alt tags and titles. An original, optimally sized and the good quality image should be backed up by a good content because it can’t be identified without content.
- Back links: Back links are also the great tool to get increase traffic on your websites. When you put your blogs on another sites that links back to your will help you to drive more and more traffic. Also, you need to getting a listing in online directories as the description of your business in a e-directory will have a link to your website that ultimately help to increase traffic. Continuous updating your information in these directories will also help you to generate traffic and increase your search engine optimization ranking.
- Need of SSL certificates: A SSL certification is needed as it makes your website more trustworthy and protected by making necessary changes.
- It should be mobile friendly: Your website should be mobile friendly as the number of mobile searches is increasing at the very fastest rate than ever before and it is much more capable to get the traffic at the vast rate for the website and so it can’t be ignored or taken for granted.
- Increase page load speed: Your website should not take time to load the pages. It will be disadvantages for you as the users will leave your website if they have to wait for the pages to be load and also Google take into account the speed of page loading in its website ranking algorithm.
- Proper use of header tags: Proper use of header tags will make it easy to break your contents into segments so that users could read it easily and utilize. By adding relevant terms in your header tags you can maximize your search engine optimization.
- Layout and formatting: Proper formatting and user friendly lay out could be of much use for getting traffic and increase the usability of your website which in turn improves your search engine optimization. The all steps taken under formatting will make your content not only easy to read but also attractive so that users might go through it again and again. You can use bold type and colors to make the content easy to scan. Some other techniques that you can use are sliders, tabs, progressive layouts, structured grids, rollover elements and etc.
- The page of contact us: The page with sufficient contact information is given higher rank as it is considered trustworthy as a well designed contact page will not only increase your participation in a company’s online presence but also helps to generate new business opportunities along with capturing new leads.
- Increase social sharing: If you are active on face book, twitter, pinterest and other social channels will also help you to drive traffic for your websites along with increasing purchasing behavior of consumers.
Now, it is well known that improving the quality of your content will bring you more and more traffic to your website but to do this you must know how Google defines the better content and do accordingly. However, a good content means it should be more comprehensive and deeper and it is a long and continuous process that you have to follow. The other key points which you need to take into account are first of all you have to be fast to provide the solutions for the queries of customers the moment they need. These all can be learn easily through digital marketing course. The mobile users are very much get eager to know, go and buy swiftly and the moment you to be fast and frictionless. However, along with other features, you should also be careful about optimizing your local presence by making long and descriptive of your business, making regular updates will also be beneficial, providing a local phone number and address will also help you to get traffic and also be careful about choosing the right categories. You can also opt for Pay per click to get at the top of websites. Atlast; all the above mentioned steps are of much use and one can get much help to drive traffic and get his website at the top through all these effective search engine optimization techniques.