What is search engine optimization?
In simple words, search engine optimization can be defined as the set of rules which are used to improve the search engine rankings by optimizing the websites. For example, if you are searching something on Google so the return results which are displayed are based on complex algorithms. These algorithms take a number of factors into account before displaying the result pages in the first, second or third page. So, optimization provides you an extra edge over others. The techniques of search engine optimization can be better understood in “The Institute of professional digital marketing course in Uttam Nagar”.
Importance of search engine optimization
- The best search engine optimization practices help to get an increased number of users or traffic to your website.
- Search engine optimization will increase the usability of a website and make it able to appear in one of the top positions of Google rankings.
- Search engine optimization is very much effective in the smooth running of a big website and can put you ahead of your competitor.
- The search engine optimization also provides the scope for the social promotion of your website as the people who find your website by searching Google or Yahoo are often promote it on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and etc.
- The optimized website leads to more sales as it attracts more traffic which ultimately resulted in higher conversion rates.
- Most of the viewers only click on the first five results of the search engine and so it is important for your website to appear in the top five results which only search engine practices can make possible.
Main stages of the search engine optimization
Even in the simple terms, the search engine optimization includes three processes which are discussed below in details:
- Technical search engine optimization: If there is any problem with the technical aspect of your website then the search engine optimization will not produce any result but once you fix the technical issues of your website then it will not arise again. Technical SEO helps the search engines access, crawl, interpret and index your website without any problem. The best practices in technical search engine optimization include specifying your preferred domain and informing the search engines about your choice otherwise you may have to encounter with indexing issues, problems of duplicate content and loss of page rank. The other practices include optimizing your XML sitemap, optimizing your 404 page, optimizing URL structure and etc.
- On-page SEO: On-page SEO primarily deals with the content and other elements such as website structure, keywords, title optimizations, headings, internal links, image SEO, structured data markup and other techniques that can send signals to search engines so that the search engines crawlers could understand the meaning and context of your content. Some of the best practices of on-page SEO includes page loading speed, mobile friendliness, URL optimization, headings, and content formatting, Meta descriptions and etc.
- Off-page SEO: Off-page SEO includes backlinks which are considered as the signal of trust and depending upon the source of links they can greatly affect your ranking position.
Best strategies of SEO
- Optimization of voice search: The number of voice searches over the years has been increased tremendously accounting more than 20% of all kinds of internet searches. So, make sure that the inquiry questions and their answers should be on the same page because Google tends to favor those sites more.
- Better utilization of long tail keywords: You should focus on utilizing more long tail keywords as these have a better conversion rate. A lot of users are using long- tail keywords as these are more specific to searches and not only this it has the cheap cost per click. To get an idea about the long tail keywords best suited to the needs of viewers you can take do some keyword research by using the tools such as AHrefs or Semrush. These tools are helpful in giving you some of the most accurate data regarding keyword performance.
- Optimize your website for the website: The number of mobile users has been increasing tremendously over the years and it has been revealed that 80% of the viewers search anything on their mobiles. So, the optimization of websites for the mobiles has become inevitable. You can apply Responsive design to your website which can improve the user experience of your website by providing better navigation.
- Create more and more videos: Videos are gaining more fame among the viewers and so focusing on creating more and more videos which could involve the better introduction of your business can get you the traffic in a large number. Before, making any video take care about the preferences of customers and do in-depth research about their likings and also make your videos SEO friendly.
- Focus on voice optimization: Nowadays, consumers want instant results and voice searches could provide it to them. Also, they can do voice search in every kind of situation and circumstances no matter whether they are driving or cooking food or going to their office. So, along with taking care of voice optimization, you should also use schema markup on your site.
The coming years are going to be very much hectic regarding the strategies of search engine optimization. The professionals of search engine optimization will have to encounter with new trends, strategies, and updates in this field and so they have to be ready to prepare effective plans and strong strategies to get the rankings for the websites by increasing traffic on them. These all will not be an easy thing and required skills. These skills can be gained as “The Institute of professional digital marketing course in Uttam Nagar” is catering best to needs of emerging trends of search engine optimization and the professionals coming out from here are really addressing to these problems successfully. There are other options also to address the above problems which you can opt according to your will and budget.