Schema Markup is one of the latest evolution in SEO. This is the new form of optimization which is most powerful but least utilized forms of SEO. Once you know the concept and method of schema markup, you can boost your website on search engine result pages. It’s a code which you put on your website and it helps the search engines return the more informative results for users.
Schema code will tell the search engines that this is mainly a segment about an image and the name of the image is exactly “Site Speed” and the actual URL of the image file. While normal HTML code tells the search engine that this is generally an image and its most probably about site speed and the file name of the image speed up your website.
Benefits of Schema Markup in SEO
- Schema tells the search engines about their data, not just what it says. With the help of schema markup, some of the content on your website get indexed and returned in a different way. Markup tells the search engine what that content means.
- Schema Markup uses a unique semantic vocabulary in microdata format. Any other new coding skills are not needed to learn after schema markup because web pages with markup still use HTML.
- With the help of schema markup, people can see in the search engine result pages what is the website is about, like what they are? where are they? what do they? etc. Schema Markup is calling Virtual business card by some people.
- It helps your website rank better for all kinds of content types like articles, book reviews, events, products, software applications, restaurants, local businesses, movies, etc. Websites which use schema markup will rank better in the SERPs than companies which are not using Schema Markup.
- Web sites with markup rank an average of four positions higher in the Search Engine Result Pages.
- The schema markup told the search engine result pages to display a schedule of upcoming hotel events in an event schedule page of the website.
- Schema markup is one of those SEO innovations which are with us for a long time.
- Schema Markup is a user focused improvement. Search engines are providing information to the users they need.